Monday, October 12, 2009

Closet Swap Out

This weekend was the first of many cold days to come. It's time to switch out my closet! I'm so tired of looking at my summer clothes--time to pack them up. I've done a little bit of fall shopping thus far, just basics like thin turtlenecks for layering and a sweater dress or two. I'm big into layering this year so I've also been stocking up on the open cardigans that seem to be everywhere (I really think they make you look skinnier because of the shape). I'm trying to keep a running list of fall must haves in my head as I shop, here are a few ideas:

I have these J Crew cords in a ton of colors. My office is pretty casual so I'll be rockin these with boots all fall/winter.

I am so into scarves--especially cashmere! This Burberry is so soft and timeless. I also found a great organic cotton scarf at H&M, really big and comfy.

The open sweater--goes over everything.




A fitted tweed jacket is great with jeans or even this strapless J Crew.



Weekend Recap is coming tomorrow! We had a great time at Homecoming--I even felt like I was back at school, isn't that what homecoming is for anyway?

4 comments:

  1. love your picks! I am with you about the cardigans..they always seem to flatter. Hope your having a great Monday. Can't wait to hear about the Homecoming! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been stalking a Burberry scarf as well (but trying to decide between that and the cape with the scarf built-in). I think you can never have too many scarves!

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fab staples, can't wait to hear about homecoming also! And your comment about Foxfield- I've never been, but my bf actually went to jail trying to walk from there back to Farmville on the interstate, all in a bowtie and blazer...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so on the lookout for a little tweed jacket!!

    ReplyDelete