Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wedding Related Discoveries

We're still brainstorming for the wedding, though we do have a general idea of a guest list (80) and a city/season (Charlottesville, in the fall). I've contacted a ton! of vendors and tried to do as much research as I could. We're still working with a few different people to figure out the remaining details but hopefully! we are closer to booking a venue than we were a month ago. Though none of the big things are decided...at all, I've been having a great time discovering little wedding things here and there that I love!


Love the idea of getting my dress/his suit sketched and framed--a keepsake forever! especially since I think that I will probably sell my dress once worn (find this in Etsy under seller, MeganHamilton)


Did you know that you can rent jewelry now at bagborroworsteal.com? It's amazing and they have great choices for any occasion (this is one of the best tips on staying in budget I've run across)


Love! the idea of a short, flirty dress for the reception/send off/or after party (I'm looking for this sue wong dress, in white, size 4 if anyone comes across one)


White carnations are beautiful when arranged very closely, I mean if Martha says its right then I don't want to be wrong--another great budget idea


There is a company in Charlottesville that comes to your venue in a serving truck, think old school ice cream trucks, and makes fresh organic apple cider donuts for everyone--this has to be booked for our late night snack

So right now I've planned that I'll have a short dress, amazing earrings, a sketch of the outfit, a carnation bouquet, and apple cider donuts...not bad at all ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Such great ideas! The short dress is adorable, so I'll keep my eyes open for it. The homerun out of all the ideas (in my humble opinion) is the donut truck!!! Seriously, your guests will LOVE it (and just thinking about it makes me hungry right now). I hope you're enjoying the wedding planning process so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those carnations--so pretty. And the apple cider donuts sound delicious! It sounds like you're on your way to an amazing wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bouquet is beautiful. I especially like how the fabrice wraps around the stems! Classic.

    ReplyDelete