Thursday, January 21, 2010

And so it begins...


Bryan's graduate school interviews began on Tuesday of this week. I decided last minute to switch my MLK holiday to Tuesday and work from home Monday so that I could make the trip down to Chapel Hill. We stayed at the beautiful! Carolina Inn, which was right on campus and close to shops, restaurants, and frat row--apparently ;-) I had to smile walking around on Tuesday listening to blaring 80s music escaping from frat town. The campus is beautiful and certainly rivals UVA grounds in Charlottesville.

We also ate at the Top of the Hill Restaurant, which is a brewery/restaurant overlooking downtown Chapel Hill--they had delicious food, and beers of course. UNC is Bryan's first choice and though the interview and day seemed to go really well, its the hardest school he is applying to--so cross your fingers! I was so excited to start envisioning us with a new life in a different city. More interviews at Wake Forest and Maryland next week, I'll keep you informed if we hear anything.

Has anyone ever lived in the UNC/Raleigh area? I'd love any information/advice if you have it!

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting time! I'll be crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my family lives in the Raleigh/Durham area. I have only been to visit for short periods of time but, the time I have spent there has been a blast. There are tons of things to do and a myriad of good resturants.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that y'all get into the program you want! :)

    Happy Thursday!
    xo, KA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Duke, and I was always so jealous of the cool vibe in Chapel Hill. Franklin Street is so fun (and it sounds like you had a great "taste" of the city, staying at the Carolina Inn and eating at Top of the Hill). My old roommate's husband is currently at UNC in their MBA program. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'm sure she can help answer!! (PS you HAVE to go to Foster's Market if you go back there....and Uniquities is the cutest boutique ever)

    ReplyDelete